Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Storm In The City

The sky surely looks frightening at the moment. Calling for storms and much colder weather for the next several days.
To think I am a little sunburn from working yesterday in my city garden.
My middle daughter - my Beth - rode with me to the country to view progress on country home.
All of the plants that I am transplanting to a waiting area at the edge of the woods are doing great. These plants have memories and will go in my future country garden. It has been a good day and I will see what the continued night turns out to be.

Enough said this evening by One Woman

Monday morning - The television made you think we were going to be blown off the planet.
There was no storm in my area and no rain.

8 comments:

Cloudhands said...

Your stormy day became our stormy night, but like most things, it too has passed. I'll be covering my bleeding hearts and other tender plants today. I'm afraid the peach blossoms will get frozen out again here on the Plateau. Loved your Redbud picture at the top of the page. We have only been here in Tennessee eleven years and I still look at all the beauty around us with a childs wonder. May your joy be complete as you move into your new home.

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I love that shot...it is beautiful. You are becoming quite the photographer! Alan got a similar sunset shot last night while we were at church.

p.s. count on your little granddaughter sidekick to accompany you on Wednesday :)

L. said...

We had the same situation here in Bham! Lots of angst...no storms...just a gloomy, rainy day!

I can't wait to see updated pix of your country home.

xoxo

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Cloudhands, thank you new friend.
We have a lot in common. Jamie looking forward to my little girls visiting grandma. Grammie I am pleased that I only had stormy looking skies. Spring please return.

Beverly said...

no rain here, but I almost got blown away walking over the walkway to hospital...and March is over....
March came in like a lion, and still is...

Darlene said...

We have had wind for weeks. As Beverly said, March left like a Lion and April is continuing. However, it's supposed to hit 90* for the high today.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Darlene welcome home

Sarah Lulu said...

Isn't that delightful? Transplanting plants ...or taking memories with you to your new home. I love it.