Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday Happenings

Comraderie - sometimes a relationship between males. They can always rely on one another, even when times are tough.

One by one they arrived at her son's home across the street. She noticed the the genuine affection of the way they greeted one another. The slap on the back and the hugs. This made her smile. These boys, young men (in my eyes even though they are in their 40's) They have been friends for many years and went to school with one another. I can remember them coming by our home when they were in the 3rd grade and up. I would say this is rare that they still all keep in touch. It warms my heart.
Usually my son and these special friends all meet in New York for a weekend in the Spring. Because of the economy they are meeting in Nashville. They arrived from Thailand, New York, Texas, city near by and Nashville.

My daughter called a while ago to share that the Morel mushrooms I shared about are $29.99 a pound at a local upscale market. Oh my I thought - if I could risk the ticks - maybe I have a source of income. LOL.

This morning a young couple from Florida looked at my home with their realtor. Also noticed there were 3 pending signs within blocks of my home. So maybe real estate is looking up in this area.

I am truly weary today and have been home except for leaving for the viewers of this home. Three days in a row driving to the country was too much for me.

My little granddaughters are on the way to spend the night with grandma. Mama and dad need an evening alone. So--- I do not feel like cooking or preparing the simplest of meals - I just ordered a pizza. This I have done the times you can count on one hand.

All still going well at Woodhaven. The first thing to upset me is that the Hardy Board man kept telling me his construction plan and I was not to pleased when my son spent a special day with me yesterday - and this man never arrived!!!!

Enough said on this early Saturday evening.

An entry from One Woman on some happenings on her journey through this life

6 comments:

Tabor said...

There is something about construction workers, electricians, framers, plumbers, whatever, that work on a house and their total carelessness about time ---especially the time of others! I have not figured it out, Therefore, I just watch their skill level and let them work on their own time. If they are sloppy then that is another story. I am waiting for photos!

Sarah Lulu said...

Isn't that so special for your son? And lovely for you to see.

I hope you did get some rest and that you enjoyed your grandmum time.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, everyone has been perfect but this young man. He could have called. Sarah Lu, thanks for the kind comment. Oh yes - these little girls put a smile on my face. They are just growing up to quickly.

Beverly said...

how will the girls get to see you as much when you move? Will they come for the weekend? I knew the morels were pricy...I dated a man who loved to cook, so I learned about those things....

Sky said...

i agree with tabor...and painters - add painters to the list!

so glad you are not having any problems to speak of with the construction. good for you! hope you enjoyed the night with the grandkids. :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beverly, yes the girls will spend weekends when they visit. Another plus is the other grandma is 10 minutes away. So the visiting time will be like it was before I moved to the city. Sky, I agree. Thank you both for checking in.