Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, April 24, 2009

Perfect City Day

What an absolutely gorgeous day. Has reached in the high 80's. Errands to replenish my almost empty refrigerator and pantry. A stop at the bank and the rest of the day has been spent at home. I needed this. Also a half a dozen phone calls made and received. All in all "a good day"

Also my Jamie stopped by and sat on the terrace for an hour with her mom and then my son stopped by for a few minutes.` This helped as earlier in the day I kept having thoughts of how busy everyone is. I was beginning to feel neglected and unloved. Such a childish thought that I am confessing. I do not consider myself a needy person. But - One Woman comes from a background of my mother calling my grandmother several times a day and my mother required that of me. It sure is different in my household. But I have written in my journal that one of the best things I can give my children "roots and wings"

Just read Jamie's new post and it made her mama smile http://blondemomblog.com/

One beautiful Rhododendron bloom spotted.

Guess One Woman's day is winding down

4 comments:

Sarah Lulu said...

I am also a believer in giving our children roots and wings!

Beverly said...

yes we give them roots and wings, but, it is so wonderful when they come back to their roots, aka, mama.

Cloudhands said...

You all beat me to the roots and wings and so I went to Kahlil Gibran's The Prophet to be reminded that we are the bows from which our children as living arrows are sent forth. I hope you have his book to read the entire chapter on children. It is a favorite book of mine.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sarah Lu and Beverly, thanks for commenting. Cloudhand, yes I have the Prophet and wrote an entry on his poem on children. My - we are alike. All, have a great weekend.
I plan on resting. Going to try.