Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday Morning

Here it is the middle of March and I have not picked up many of the books on the table beside my chair. As I look back over the weeks it is evident why. Health was not as good as it should be. There was surgery and much time spent planning my smaller country home along with the trips and building progress. The lack of reading is unusual for me as I love to read and usually have several books that I am constantly picking up to read. Last night I finished reading " Seven Storey Mountain" by Thomas Merton. It is an Autobiography of Faith. Usually I read at a fast pace but this is one book you cannot read that way. Seemed like I would read a while and the information was so touching that I would put the book down and sit and reflect on what I had read and mull it over and over in my mind. The last chapters of this book touched me deeply.

Early yesterday it was cold and here in my area and to think that the first of the week it was Spring like "hey like 80 degrees". I headed for the country but half way it started to rain so I turned around and came back home. It was a long dreary day.

Today will be the same except this afternoon I will be driving to my youngest daughter's to celebrate my youngest granddaughter's birthday. How can this little one now be 4 years old. This will be a welcome break for this expected dreary weather day. Tomorrow the weather continues the same and then Monday begins a week of warmer and more Spring like weather so I will pack my lunch and head to the country on Monday. Hope the road going in is not too muddy!!! Needless to say my mind is filled with gardening thoughts for this new country home.
Wonder if enough progress will be made in the next 4 weeks where I can have a place for a small veggie garden? Would like to do this but it might not be a reality with all the other things that will need to be done.

Some early morning thoughts from One Woman on a cold and rainy morning in the city

8 comments:

Tabor said...

My suggestion is that you may be too busy with the move-in to maintain your garden and to keep the animals at bay. You have a lovely porch and outside area so you may wish to work at container gardening for a while.

Darlene said...

Happy Birthday to the beautiful little one.

I know you are impatient to get it all done now, but sometimes we need to realize that we are only human and things intrude (like bad weather) in our plans. Relax and enjoy the completion of your dream house and realize that gardening might have to wait awhile.

lilalia said...

Raining, cold, grey days here as well. Oh my, hard to feel chirpy isn't it? May the spring sun shine soon...

Beverly said...

love the little robin...
I too hope next week brings up nicer weather...

Balisha said...

Hi,
Love that robin picture.I am anxious as you. I kind of agree with Tabor...container gardening is fun.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, Darlene, Lilalia, Beverly and Balisha - it was good to find your comments this early Sunday morning. Each of you speak joy and wisdom to me. Have a great day. Looks like Spring returns tomorrow.

Zabetha said...

Lovely new banner photo! No flowers here, not even crocuses, so your picture of daffodils and a robin is so nice to see.

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

I was checking through your reading list and was delighted to find some of my faves there too. Thich Nhat Hanh, Eswaren, and now you read Merton. You are one soulful woman! I hope your day turned out lovely and full of sweet family memories. Quite cold where I am, so, like you, I keep dreaming of my garden! I planted many new perennials at the end of the season last year, so am eager to see what blooms. :-) Your new country house sounds perfect.