Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Courage to Be Myself

Something to strive for. Have the courage to embrace my strengths - Get excited about life - Enjoy giving and receiving love - Face and transform my fears - Ask for help and support when I need it - Spring free of the Superwoman Trap - Trust myself - make my own decisions and choices - Befriend myself - Complete unfinished business - Realize I have emotional and practical rights - Talk as nicely to myself as I do my plants - Communicate lovingly and understand my goals - Honor my own needs - Give myself credit for my accomplishments - Love the little girl within me - Grant myself permission to play - Quit being a Responsibility Sponge - Feel all of my feelings and act on them appropriately - Nurture others because I want to, not because I have to - Set limits and boundaries and stick to them - Respect my vulnerabilities - Heal old and current wounds - Fill my own cup first, then nourish others from the overflow - Plan for the future but live in the present - Value my intuition and wisdom - Know that I am lovable - Develop healthy and supportive relationships - Make forgiveness a priority. Accept myself as I am now.
Sue Patton Thoele

Enjoyed reading this and copied some as it spoke to my heart.

Awake is Good http://awakeisgood.blogspot.com/

Now One Woman try and remember this post!!!!!

5 comments:

Balisha said...

Hope you are having a beautiful Sunday. The weather here has changed and we might hit the 70's this week. Enjoy!

Darlene said...

I wish I was as comfortable with the woman I have become as Sue Patton Thoele seems to be. It's something to strive for.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Darlene, I certainly agree. I wonder about myself quite often.
Balisha, looking forward to this coming week. Warmer weather.

daringtowrite said...

Well, I think just reading those thoughts and putting them out there for others is a very good start.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Wenda, thank you and you are right.
Have a great day and thanks for checking in.