Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday News

What do you share when you feel horrible. I noticed a gland in my neck was swollen last Friday.
I hoped it would go away. I had my little girls on Saturday night as mom and dad had a wedding to go to. My son returned them to their parents on Sunday as I did not feel up to driving them home.

Monday I had the thought, could this be a tooth. Nothing was hurting but my neck was really swollen. So Tuesday morning trip to the dentist and an x-ray was done. Seems I have an infection under a tooth by the bone.

I have never had teeth problems. I have all my teeth, and just two crowns and three fillings so I was surprised, especially since there was no pain.

Long story made short I am on a strong antibiotic and then could not get an appointment for consultation with surgeon until week after Thanksgiving. The dentist shared the tooth needed to be removed and he did not feel comfortable doing this procedure.

At the moment I have a severely swollen neck and do not feel too well. Forgive me for complaining.

Just miss being on computer and this is the first time I can remember that I just do not feel like going online.

I have always had Thanksgiving dinner at my home. In earlier years my parents always joined us. Sometimes other members of family and friends.

This is the first Thanksgiving I will not be cooking and thought of taking family out to dinner. Now I am having thoughts of just being home and not going anywhere.

I know this is not that big a deal considering all that you can have. But I do not like it!!!!

10 comments:

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I'm so sorry you are going through this. You have every right to complain!

Please do not worry about next week at all. Whatever we do (or don't do) is absolutely fine with us...if we have to deliver your meal we will do it.

Love you much. Hope the antibiotic kicks in soon.

Mim said...

You aren't complaining.. you are just in terrible pain. I've had my share of teeth woes... and is not fun.
And also changes at holiday meals is cause for concern.
Hard to not be cooking.
We tried going out one year for Tgiving dinner and it just didn't feel the same.
Feel better soon.
Mim

lilalia said...

Lots of rest and fluids. Hope you fee better soon.

Irena said...

Wish you will be okay as soon as possible! Embrace you, be strong!

kenju said...

Just be very glad you don't have pain with it. I have had that and the pain can be excruciating!

Beverly said...

hope you feel better soon. Rest and take care of yourself.

Marcie said...

Ugh. I hope you are feeling much better soon. Please just rest and take of yourself, Ernestine.

hugs,
Aisling

Tabor said...

Why do these health emergencies always happen over the holidays? I also am having a health issue and on antibiotics, but they do not seem to be helping reduce the symptoms by much. Thus far, I think I will go ahead with Thanksgiving dinner and I also have to babysit the little ones Sunday through Weds. morning...ugh! I will worry about my health after the holidays if these symptoms do not go away.

Judy said...

I hope you feel much better soon. The antibiotics should help a lot. I have spent a small fortune on my teeth in my lifetime and still lost several. I have crowns, bridges, and everything else you can think of. It is not fun! I am thinking of you.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

My Jamie, Mim, Lilalia, Irena , Kenju, Beverly, Aisling and Tabor.
You will never know what your online friendship means to this One Woman. You are appreciated and thank you for your concern.
Now I am battling a virus along with the tooth issue. It will soon be a memory. Just hate it happened at Thanksgiving