Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, November 9, 2008

My Garden Man

I am well aware of my new addiction of writing in this journal. My goal is to not write on the weekends. I am not doing too well. With making my life so public for present and future readers
there is no way I can hide my weakness.
Hey, do not want to forget anything.
I have spent the weekend going through a dozen boxes of old photographs, boxes of paperwork and meaningful clippings, cards and on and on.
I have cried and laughed at the memories. I mean really cried. Nice to be One Woman in this home as someone else residing here would think "I had lost it".
I know Fall is here but I could not help sharing this. It might give some fellow garden friends an idea.
I have had this picture in my file for years and I have dreamed of having this in my garden.
Some that came calling through the years said they would make it for me "but I got rid of them to fast".
Several hours later entry. I have an afghan I started about 3 years ago and it is sitting by my chair to finish. Also I have missed reading my books and will start reading again now that cool weather has arrived. In the crock pot a mixture of pinto and white beans that are topped with a handful of chopped carrots, onions and celery (a close friend use to do this) a colander full of turnip greens from my fall garden will be cooked in a short time along with cornbread.

Some more sharing from One Woman on her Journey Through Life

4 comments:

Darlene said...

How many pots would it take to make the garden man? It's very clever and a cute garden adornment, but I, too, have better use for the pots and fill them as fast as I get them.

I need to stop adding more cactus and succulents because it's just one more thing to water and cover during a freeze. I get carried away in the spring, then regret it the first cold night. ;)

Marcie said...

Ernestine, That garden man is wonderful! I have seen similar ones, but never so large! How fun that would be!

I love the Chinese poem from your previous post. So lovely, quiet and meaningful.

Sky said...

my friend who left us too soon (breast cancer) made a garden man similar to this. hers sat down and was smaller. she sent me the directions years ago. i would enjoy having one in our gardens. i could create him in memory of her. thanks for reminding me!

i have enjoyed reading your journal. a week or so ago i read back into your archives for a couple of hours. i recall your first trip back to the area you left in your move to the city. i understand your being drawn to the rural, wooded quietness in nature. i hope you realize the dream of creating your cottage in the woods. then you will have the best of both worlds - your city life and your solitude.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Darlene, Aisling and Sky, thanks for the comments. Ah yes, the garden man. I smile when I look at this picture. He would surely make a statement in my small garden.