Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Love the Pictures





These are two of my favorite books. Sometimes on a rainy day I will pick them up and look at the pictures.

Earth on Her Hands - The American Woman in Her Garden. This is a book that my oldest daughter told me about. Said "mama you will love this book". I immediately ordered it.

Laurie lives in Longmeadow, Massachusetts. She has been involved in garden clubs in this area for years. She is the mother of two of my oldest grandchildren. This weekend is parents weekend at Vanderbilt. So she and my soninlaw are in town for the weekend and Laurie will continue to be with me a few days after Aaron leaves for his office in Tampa, Florida.

The New Garden Paradise - Great Private Gardens of The World - is a book that Laurie sent me for Christmas in 2005.

When I look at these books, they always leave me with a smile on my face and some new ideas.
In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks
John Muir

4 comments:

Jessi Cotterill said...

Wow!! I like the pic of the second book. It looks warm and mystery at the same time.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Jessi, thank you for the warm comment. I just read your blog and it brought tears to my eyes.
I know now why a young woman thousands of miles from my land has chose to correspond with me.
We are much alike. Keep writing.
I love your new picture.
Blessings to you.

Jessi Cotterill said...

You made me smile,
But I'm sorry to bring tears to your eyes.

We may be far away,
But I hope there'll be one day
we'll meet and cherish our thoughts together.

Have a nice day...

Judy said...

I am sure that every time you pick up these books you think of your daughter. I hope you two have a great visit. Your granddaughter is really engrossed in her painting in the picture below.