Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, October 6, 2008

Listen - Part Two

I just reread the post I wrote this early morning.
Had a thought.
The focus has shifted.
It use to be ME.

In the past I seemingly lived an exciting life, as some of the world looked in.
They were interested in what I was doing, my next project, what I was wearing, where I was going, who I was seeing, possibly a new car or piece of jewelery.
None of that is going on.

Now it is listening to my grown children and their interest and my older grandchildren planning their careers, my little ones just listening and sometimes making a comment.

Why would their focus be on me?

I do not do anything now but write, read, cook, clean home and garden and dig in the dirt!!! Oh and wear my favorite old clothes.

Hey, but I am happy.

So I do not need to feel left out and I do not need to be complaining for they will listen if I have something to share.

I needed to confess. Thanks for listening.

No comments: