Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, October 31, 2008

Fall Day at Home

My son has some Fall beauty in his cottage yard.

Rose partially protected from frost.
Oh my, looking at herself in grandma's mirror.

A beautiful fall day at home. I cleaned a lot out of my garden. Yesterday morning in the low 30's and went to almost 70 degrees. Now this early morning a high prediction of 70 degrees for the next week. I could have left the tomato and green pepper plants in the ground. Oh well. My garlic plants are about 2 inches high and I am enjoying my turnip greens.

In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Mahatma Gandhi

Some sharing from One Woman on her Journey Through This Life

4 comments:

Ugich Konitari said...

What wonderful pictures .

I am just curious. The mirror that your pretty granddaughter is looking into, is it part of a big door of a big wooden wardrobe cupboard ?

My late mother-in-law, who would have been close to 100 years old this year, had a similar cupboard dating back from the old days, and I just saw a kind of resemblance.

Just wondering.....

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Ugich, yes that is an old wardrobe that I purchased over 40 years ago.
Not in the best of shape but still lovely and I like it. My little granddaughters love looking at their reflections in the mirrored doors.

Darlene said...

What a sweet picture of your little sweetheart. I love the photo of your son's yard also. You are quite expert with the camera, Ernestine.

MsGraysea said...

Lovely and I am so happy you are enjoying those beautiful days right now....about the same temps here.
Sweet granddaughter!