Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

No Entries for a Few Days

I received a call last night that my sister had passed away.

She was in the hospital for a knee replacement and developed a staph infection.

They had to redo the replacement and she was being treated with high dosages of antibiotics.

The unexpected happened. Death. So much could be shared on this subject, but I will stay silent.

Betty was 69 years old.

I will be taking a quick trip to Michigan with my youngest daughter as soon as I receive a call of funeral arrangements.

My sister has 3 children: 2 daughters and 1 son.

Years ago when my children were young and we lived on a farm, they would visit almost every summer.

This happening is truly unexpected and has deeply saddened me.

12 comments:

Jessi Cotterill said...

very sorry to hear that.

Nothing I can possibly say to lessen your sadness, but with love and support.
Jessi

Unknown said...

my prayers are with you and your family...

Judy said...

Oh, Ernestine, I am so sorry about your sister. My prayers are with you and your family. Be safe and take care. My thoughts are with you.

Nan said...

I am so very sorry. I've been hearing about this happening more and more at hospitals. Awful, awful. My thoughts and prayers are with you, dear Ernestine.

lilalia said...

How devastating. How tragic. Please know you and your family and, of course, your sister's family are in my prayers.

Beverly said...

Dear Ernestine, I know you are grieving so much for your sister.

I hope you have a safe trip, and allow yourself to feel all the sadness, but remember the fun times of summers long ago.

Mim said...

I am so sorry.
Thinking of you as you travel to be with family.
Mim

MsGraysea said...

Dear Ernestine,
What a shock to read this post this morning. I am so very sorry. Sisters are such an important part of who we are and I am sure you feel this loss very deeply. You are in my thoughts and I send you comfort and ease to get through this process. I am sure your sisters children will be very grateful to have you and your daughter near. Safe journey to Michigan.

Gail said...

My dear Ernestine,

I am so very sorry. The unexpected loss of your sister must be very heart breaking for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you. We will all be here when you get back,

gail

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh, Ernestine, I am so sorry! What a shock! My prayers are with you and your sisters family. Take good care!

Renie

Marcie said...

Ernestine, I'm just reading this on Sunday. I'm so very sorry to hear about your sister. I hope you find support and comfort among friends and family. I will keep you in my thoughts.

hugs,
Aisling

millie garfield said...

Oh, Ernestine - I was so sorry to learn of your sister's death.
so young and so much to live for.

Going in for a knee replacement and developing a staph infection - and have that happen - scary.

Pleased to hear that my post brought you some comfort.

Take care