Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, August 8, 2008

Time

Time why are you moving so fast
Yesterday
5:00 in the garden.
Watered and weeding
Oh, 4 tomatoes, 2 cucumbers and one green pepper
Check computer and make comments
8:00 breakfast time
Walk Sadie
Cleaned up and errands to tend to
Home and tea on the stove
Sandwich and fruit on plate
Wait, I need to check computer
Phone rings
Friend stopping by
Gift of book and chicken soup
Banana bread, fruit and tea on table
Conversation on many topics
She has made many many plane trips this year and headed for Sicily next week and is a little older then me. She is truly amazing. Our lifestyles are different.
She travels and writes
At present, I dig in the dirt
Home alone
Check computer
Phone rings
Water plants on porch
Write thank you note
Dinner time
Pick up a book
I am weary
I want to relax
Day you have gone by so quickly
My life is going by so quickly
Am I slower or just busy
This morning I must water again
Rain where are you
I am tired of watering
Lunch with my last born
This special daughter - her birthday on Sunday
Time you have gone by so quickly
Tonight babysit with my 2 little granddaughters
Prepare dinner for them.
Story time and bedtime
Mindfulness - I truly am trying
Life is going by so quickly

5 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Ernestine, The days seem to fly by for me, too. Before I get started, it seems to be half over and then gone. I think that is why we have to make the most of each and every day and enjoy it to the fullest. They used to sometimes crawl by when I was working but that is probably because I would rather have been doing what I am doing now.

Nan said...

Just a quick comment. I did answer your daylily question on the august 4 bowl of daylilies.

Nan said...

What a wonderful post. There are so many things to do in a day when one is home. I loved your list. And so many ways to live life. I couldn't, simply couldn't get on a plane 'many many times' I guess that is one of the choices we make in life. Especially if we have animals. I hate leaving my dogs. :<)

Darlene said...

My days fly by also and I am not even half as busy as you are. I think it has to do with getting older and knowing how precious each day is.

Beverly said...

time flies when we're having fun!!!