Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Happy Birthday



You were born on a Sunday afternoon at 3:00. Three weeks early. 6 lbs 1 oz and 18 inches long. My fourth and last baby. In a few years it was just you and me. Sisters started college and brother was in high school. A lifestyle change from the big city to the 100 year old farm home and farm. Your sisters and brother were exposed to private schools and enjoyed a lot that the city had to offer. You went to a small country school and excelled in everything. We enjoyed a simpler lifestyle and all that the country could offer. You went to college over the state line Your first job after graduation, one of the editors for the faculty paper at our nearby university. I could go on and on but do not want to embarrass you. Bottom line I am so proud of you and my mama's heart says "be still" and my eyes say "no more tears". You married your high school sweetheart. He won my heart at age 16. Your two precious little girls make me smile and feel so deeply loved.
So HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY THIS SUNDAY, AUGUST 10, 2008.
Love Mama
You had braces on your teeth in this picture and they finally came off for your high school graduation picture.

5 comments:

Judy said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! She and her husband are a beautiful couple. My sister's birthday is August 10th also.

Darlene said...

Happy Birthday to Jamie.

It's hard not to be nostalgic on a daughter's birthday. They grow up so fast, don't they? It seems like only yesterday -------;this is a common refrain from we mothers.

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Thank you for my birthday wishes to the BEST mother a daughter could ask for.

p.s. I just had some of your delicious lemon ice box pie. :)

Beverly said...

Ernestine, I think I know how you are feeling. The heart swells so much it hurts. And I think she feels the same for you, and that is wonderful.

Send a Happy Birthday to her from me...

Liza on Maui said...

oh I missed greeting her on her B-day (we were away on the weekend and didn't have the connection to blog).

I hope she had a great b-day celebration (I would think she did)